Friday, May 29, 2020

Parental Behavior Toward Girls and Boys

The most influential and strongest capacity to have an effect on the character, development or behavior of someone or something occurs in the family, with parents or guardians without concealment or secrecy, basically very openly and at times without being openly acknowledged or displayed, but done in secrecy as well. As seen in this picture of a mother and son shopping at Walmart. I noticed this little boy looking at toys in the the section where society considers to be feminine toys. This is generally looked at by the masses as out of the gender norm. Through body language I can only speculate, since they were speaking a different language other than English, I'm not sure what language they were speaking, however, as I was shopping with my daughter, I noticed this experience I was witness to. Considering I'm learning about gender roles, my awareness was more heightened than it ever has prior to this class. I noticed the boy asking the mother while showing her the toy that he found to be interesting if he can take it home. i'm certain the boy was convincing her to purchase the toy for him. As you can see in the capture I took, the boy is putting the toy back on the shelf. He looks a bit discouraged. This is a simple example captured of how much influence and impact we have on our children. What I am studying is constantly done on a daily basis, based on the parental behavior toward girls and boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment